Progress Bar for Confluence
The Progress Bar for Confluence macro allows you to add a stylized progress bar to a page, providing users with a level of context for the page within a process. This macro can be used for formatting content using either Confluence's new Cloud editor or the legacy editor. A Progress Bar macro is added for each step that you want to create.
You can add only one array of progress bar steps to a Confluence page.
The instructions below describe how to use the macro with Confluence's new Cloud editor. If you would like to learn more about formatting content or general macro use in Confluence Cloud, see Atlassian's documentation.
- Navigate to the page you want to edit.
- Click the Edit icon.
- Click Insert > View More in the Confluence editor.
- Select the Progress Bar for Confluence macro in the Select Macro screen.
- Define the progress bar step using the following parameters:
Parameter Description Default Required Title Defines the name of the step within the process none URL The destination URL that the step is linked to none Ordering Index The order you want to assign to this step, e.g. 1 if it is the first step, 2 if it is the second step; if not specified, the step order might be unexpected none Current Step Highlights the current step in the process off
- Click Preview to see how the progress bar will appear on the page, and make any desired changes.
- Click Insert. A macro placeholder is displayed.
- Add a progress bar macro for each step that you want to add as described
in steps 2-7.
To quickly add a macro when editing a page, use the keyboard shortcut by typing
/and the beginning of the macro name to display a list of matching macro names, e.g.
/prog. If you are on a page that uses Confluence's Cloud legacy editor, type
Edit the Macro
To make changes to the macro, for example, to change the order of the steps, click the macro placeholder then click the Edit icon. Make the required changes, then click Save. To remove the macro, click the Edit icon, then click the Trash icon.